WALKS PLANNED FOR 2017
- 16th September 2017: Oudebos, Kogelberg Nature Reserve
Spring has sprung! Time to explore. We will take the path to the Oudebos forest in the Kogelberg Nature Reserve – through splendid Kogelberg Sandstone Fynbos, surrounded by towering mountain scenery and into the Oudebos Afrotemperate Forest where we will have tea beside the river in the forest, then return. The path is the first part of the famed Oudebos to Harold Porter National Botanical Gardens traverse.
Here are a few important advisory notes:
- To get the best out of this trail we will have to maintain a fairly brisk pace, so a reasonable level of fitness and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sturdy walking shoes) is required.
- Entrance to the Kogelberg Nature Reserve costs R40 per person. Free if you have a Wildcard.
- Bring refreshments (tea, coffee or cooldrink and snacks for tea time) and water for the trail.
- Wear a good hat and sunblock and be prepared for changeable weather.
- We will aim to keep the walk to three and a half hours, but it could take longer if the Spring flowers demand it.
Meet in the parking area of the Harold Porter National Botanical Gardens at 09h00 on Saturday, 16th September 2017 to share transport.
082 343 2501