YOUR PLACE IN THE KOGELBERG BY TIM ATTWELL
Three months after our launch we have sold just over 380 copies (1000 were printed) and donated 105 to worthy causes in our area. When Johan West of the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve Company read his complimentary copy, he ordered 100 more, of these 20 copies have found their way to the University of Stellenbosch via Dr John Hanks and Professor Michael Samways (both have given talks to our branch). The Cape Peninsula University of Technology has also bought 20 copies for the Conservation students. There have been favourable reviews in publications from the Betty’s Bay Buzz to the Hermanus Times; there will be one in the December Veld and Flora.
The very good news is that member, Louise du Toit of Rooi Els, on her own initiative, has translated the book into Afrikaans; she contacted me once the job was done. BotSoc Head Office and the committee are looking to have this version printed.
More good news is that we now have an outlet in Grabouw – Christy Weyers of Liberty Books, Grabouw Mall. Below is the list of our outlets; tell your friends, and stock up for Christmas. Remember that the book will be sold at members’ price of R90 at our monthly talks.
- Harold Porter Gardens Entrance, Betty’s Bay
- Penguin Place, Clarence Drive, Betty’s Bay
- Pringle Bay Books, Pringle Bay
- Oupa’s Book Shop, 2nd Street, Kleinmond
- Harbour Road Books, Kleinmond
- Bookmark, Main Rd, Hermanus (028312 2000)
- Botanical Society Bookshops, Kirstenbosch
- Helderberg Nature Reserve Shop, Somerset West
- Liberty Books, Grabouw Mall, Shop 23, Grabouw
Wholesale outlet (R90 per book, minimum six books): Please send orders to Collette Chung, Financial Manager of the Botanical Society of SA. Contact her on 021 797 2090 which is at the Head Office of BotSoc at Kirstenbosch or at C.Chung@botanicalsociety.org.za